Watch Out Free Online Movies:

Sunday 2 October 2011

At The Cross Her Station Keeping (The English Hymnal No. 115)







1. At the Cross her station keeping,/ Stood the mournful Mother weeping,/ Close to Jesus at the last,/ Through her soul, of joy bereavèd,/ Bowed with anguish, deeply grievèd,/ Now at length the sword hath passed. 2. O, that blessèd one, grief-laden,/ Blessèd Mother, blessèd Maiden,/ Mother of the all-holy One;/ O that silent, ceaseless mourning,/ O those dim eyes, never turning/ From that wondrous, suffering Son. 3. Who on Christ's dear Mother gazing,/ In her trouble so amazing,/ Born of woman, would not weep?/ Who on Christ's dear Mother thinking,/ Such a cup of sorrow drinking,/ Would not share her sorrow deep? 4. For his people's sins, in anguish,/ There she saw the victim languish,/ Bleed in torments, bleed and die;/ Saw the Lord's anointed taken;/ Saw her Child in death forsaken;/ Heard his last expiring cry. 5. In the Passion of my Maker,/ Be my sinful soul partaker,/ May I bear with her my part;/ Of his Passion bear the token,/ In a spirit bowed and broken/ Bear his death within my heart. 6. May his wounds both wound and heal me,/ He enkindle, cleanse, anneal me,/ Be his Cross my hope and stay./ May he, when the mountains quiver,/ From that flame which burns for ever/ Shield me on the judgement day. 7. Jesu, may thy Cross defend me,/ And thy saving death befriend me,/ Cherished by thy deathless grace:/ When to dust my dust returneth,/ Grant a soul that to thee yearneth/ In thy Paradise a place. Amen. Words: Stabat mater dolorosa. Music: French Church Melody. Video ...

Views:
1


0
ratings
Time:
03:55
More in
Music

Some recommended sites to download English music!

No comments: